Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Days

The past two weeks have seemed to go by slow and fast all at the same time. We didn't do anything too exciting last weekend. We did visit the Idaho Museum. Right now they have an exhibit about Leonardo Da'Vinci. It was very interesting with all the inventions and ideas he had. We also went to sears to try and add things to our registry but the scanner was broken...a sin really haha.

Jason has spent tons of time in front of his computer finishing up his presentation. He has worked so hard. He left yesterday to head to Raleigh for the big day. He will defend tomorrow, Friday. Yay Dr. Harp!
It is starting to get colder. They predict maybe some snow next week, nothing big but some flurries. Still cold enough to see kids in their heavy coats with their costumes stuffed underneath. I can't wait I miss the snow! The leaves are starting to change colors, but I don't think I will ever see anything more pretty than fall in NY.

School has been going well. Of course all the kids are so excited about Halloween! I get a count down everyday so I won't forget. It is interesting to work with such a large range of ages. The little kids are crazy about anything exciting and the older kids are still excited but try to act all cool about it. Two second graders had an argument the other day because "they can't both be a zombie!" I haven't figured out what I should dress up like, which means I will probably be that boring, nonspirited teacher with no costume hehe. Maybe a witch hat... We are carving our pumpkins on sunday so I will try to put up some pictures of what I am sure will be quite the masterpieces. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment