Sunday, July 1, 2012

How is summer going so fast?

Well it is already the end of June somehow.... We have tried to enjoy the nice weather we have had throughout the month. It has started to get hotter in the past couple weeks and I finally had to turn on the ac the other day. haha. Ok so here are the highlights:

We went to Grand Teton National Park for a day. It was gorgeous as usual. We had a picnic lunch with a great view of the mountains and then did a little hiking around Jenny Lake. We got our wildlife sighting on the way back down the Jenny Lake trail. We were walking and Jason stopped and said, "Is that a horse drinking or a moose?"  It was a moose. We were about 20ft from it drinking out of the lake. Then we started walking on the path and it crossed right in front of us. After hiking we drove down to Jackson Hole to have dinner before heading home. We brought our new video camera and once I get the programs on my computer or go use Jason's we can start adding some video clips to these updates.

My mom and aunt came to visit for a couple days! We picked them up in Salt Lake City and then went to see the Great Salt Lake and the Olympic Cauldron Park from the 2002 Olympics. We saw someone rowing on the lake. Now I know I just need to go down to Salt Lake if I ever want to row again. haha. I wish they had some here in Idaho. It was neat to see the torch and all the pictures from the Olympic Games. We decided on Jason's Deli for lunch. It is nice to eat places we don't have in Idaho Falls. It was a good day! Then my mom, aunt, and I went to Mesa Falls and the St. Anthony Sand Dunes the next day. I wanted to show them the falls and it is a pretty close drive, which is nice. It was another great day. We had a picnic lunch and then on the way home we stopped in St. Anthony, which is a town not too far from Idaho Falls, because I have always wanted to see the sand dunes. Apparently the part in Napoleon Dynamite where they are riding on the sand dunes was filmed at the St. Anthony Sand Dunes in Idaho. It is so weird because you just drive down a road off the highway and then there is a whole bunch of sand. Description below:
"It is a 10,600 acre playground of clear, shifting, white quartz sand and is known for its unique beauty and exceptional recreation opportunities. Prevailing winds carried the sand from the nearby Teton and Snake Rivers and deposited it as dunes among the hills. These hills were once active volcanic vents pouring great depths of lava over the earth." We took some pictures and my mom and aunt tried to get me to drive down this day parking road, where I briefly got stuck in the sand. It was very much like driving on snow. haha. There were people riding dune buggies and 4 wheelers all over.
The next day we did some shopping and we also had to go to Reed's Dairy because they have the best ice cream! I also took them to Alive After Five, which is in downtown Idaho Falls. It has live music and drinks. It was a great way to end their visit.

I have continued to try and get ready for the baby. The other day I washed all the clothes and blankets so I could organize them and put them away. Below I will finally add some pictures of the baby room. It is pretty much done. This month we also had another ultrasound, while unexpected I was kind of excited because I had been dreaming we were going to have a girl haha. The ultrasound tech confirmed it was a boy so I am feeling pretty confident at this point. His cheeks looked pretty chubby haha! She had no concerns and said he looks great! We officially have a month to go before our due date. I for some reason think I will go a little early, but Jason thinks late for sure. So I guess we will wait and see what our little one has planned for us.

Jason enjoyed his off Friday fishing this past week. He said he had a good day and caught some fish here and there. He went up near Mesa Falls to Bear Gulch and the Warm River. 
Teton Range on the right, flat mt. is Mt. Moran


You will probably see pictures of these every year because I don't think you can see them enough. 

On out hike around Jenny Lake

I love clear mountain water

moose drinking from Jenny Lake

strolling across the walking path

Great Salt Lake, I was not ready for the picture and there were little bugs or sand fleas everywhere!!
Salt Lake
One last shot of the lake


The actual torch that was carried (glare from the glass around it)


My mom and I 

Jason and I in front of the torch

Mom in front of lower Mesa Falls

Mom and I in front of Upper Mesa Falls

They clear the road so the sand dunes don't completely cover  them. 

Those dots on the hills are the people riding around.

stop sign haha

Our cherries are ready. This was the first bowl we picked this year. 

This is a picture with the swing and car seat there in front. 

I took them out for this one so you could see the crib. The cradle will go in our room eventually.
It was Jason's cradle when he was a baby.

Shot of the dresser/changing table. The stroller is over in the corner.

Rocking chair 

Bear Gulch where Jason went fishing

Another view

No comments:

Post a Comment